I need a new Macbook Pro Trackpad Asap!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lasersfye, May 24, 2011.

1. lasersfye macrumors newbie

I accidentally cracked my moms trackpad on her brand new Macbook Pro 13''. My dad just purchased it for her as a gift 3-4 months ago. Sooo...me not knowing that the trackpad was GLASS, I carelessly tapped the track pad very hard in frustration of a slow website. Now I need to buy a new trackpad and replace it before he finds out. My mom already knows that it has been damaged. The only problem that I am having is finding the correct trackpad that is compatible with my moms Macbook Pro.

Here is some info you may need to help me out

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B04
    SMC Version (system): 1.68f96
    Serial Number (system): C2WFDWPNxxxx
    Hardware UUID: 16FE2D9D-597C-5169-B1E5-531607CFxxxx
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Please help me! I need to get this now!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Head on over to ifixit.com and see if they have that part available for purchase. They should hqve instruction on how to do the replacement as well.

3. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

You cracked the trackpad because a page was loading too slowly...? After you find a replacement, you ought to seek some anger management help.

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

And upgrade your broadband speed. Or upgrade TO broadband if you're still on 56k

5. rikscha macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Before he finds out? Are you nuts. So what, you broke a track pad. Is he going to kill you? Just bring it to apple and let them fix it. Easy as that. You know, things like that happen and if you are afraid about your father, perhaps he needs anger management as well.