I need a new phone, bad.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DataEast, Sep 25, 2011.

1. DataEast macrumors member

I'm a college student on my dad's Sprint contract with an Intercept that I've had since December. It shuts off randomly, I can't take pics anymore or save them, it doesn't make sound when I get a text or call and people can't hear me when I call/receive a call and the screen is cracked:(

My birthday is October 1st and the family told me they'd fund me an iPhone if I switch to my mother's Verizon plan:D but the announcement is probably the 4th and it won't be available until a couple weeks after for the iPhone 5. My mom really wants to be able to keep in touch so I'm in a desperate phone situation. Should I just take Verizon up on this offer now?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/219328/20110924/iphone-5-release-verizon-sprint-apple.htm

I just don't want to kick myself if the 5 is amazing. Will I be able to return it within 30 days and get the iPhone 5 without the crazy non-contract price?

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

You should be able to get a cheap phone either with Sprint or Verizon without using an upgrgade. That would at least allow you to make phone calls reliably. Then you can use your upgrade when the next iPhone comes out.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).

http://www.verizonwireless.com/ReturnPolicy.shtml

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Apple's return policy is better:

Though you wouldn't get the Verizon discount.

Dave's plan seems like your best bet. It's crazy to get an iPhone 4 now.

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

GO to Kmart and get a Go Phone for a month or so till you can get the iP5.

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yeah, your only options aren't iPhone 4 or going without a phone for a few weeks. Just get a cheap one for now.

8. brendu macrumors 68020

go phone, something super cheap. Wait for the next iPhone.