I need a new-tech fix ASAP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Virgo, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I have had the iPhone 5 since it came out so a year and a half now.. and I'm so bored with it! It is still in perfect condition and works fine.. except for the battery draining more quickly but that's to be expected. The main reason I'm staying is because I love iMessage and going back to regular texting seems like torture.

I wish the iWatch would come out or something because I miss the feeling of having a new gadget. I have looked at the pebble watch so many times, but at this point I'd rather wait until the 2nd gen tech comes out since it has been so long. I feel like everything is stale at this point. Just look at the Buyer's Guide. The only thing under "just updated" is the Mac Pro.

I thought about getting the iPad mini but not until it has the fingerprint unlock.. even then I'm pretty bored with iPads. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

No ;)

3. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

I hear you and am looking forward to a slighter larger screen with the upcoming iPhone 6 but I think a lot of people are have unrealistic expectations of having something with a jaw dropping wow factor.

iOS7 was a nice update and made the my iPhone 5 feel like a new phone again and if nothing else the iPad Air I just purchased was nice due to it's speed and screen. But not holding my breath for a new revolutionary design or software features with the next release but am looking forward to it nonetheless and hoping to be surprised.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

My parents had the same telephone for decades, funny thing is they never seemed to be bored with it. Same went for the fridge, stove, kettle...

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I agree with getting a hobby. You seem way to centered around your phone!

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Try an Android phone. Maybe that'll cure your new fix itch. :cool:

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Although this is sage advice and worth a point bump, I kind of, sorta know what the OP is talking about. . .

Hate to admit it, but there are times, hobby or not- "get-a-life", or not... the iPhone is a bit boring.

8. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

That's why I switch back and forth between iOS and Android. There are some fantastic Android phones out there.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Good call.

I find myself slipping my SIM/adaptor into an older device. Sometimes a 4S, mostly a 4 and even sometimes an iPhone2G.

Makes me appreciate the 5!

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

You must have a lot of excess cash to burn. :apple: :D :apple:

11. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Yep see my sig, sold a 5S for a moto g, its actually good not having iMessage after 3 years. Much prefer a light that tells me i have a message or call rather than pressing the home button.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't churn my phones over too much, but probably more then my co-workers. With that said, the primary purpose of my iPhone (or android phone) is to be a tool, it needs to function and help me get my job done. I don't want to switch willy-nilly. I suggest find other activities to keep you engaged in something so you don't change phones every few months :)

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The phone makers are running out of new things to WOW us and I do not use many of the WOW feaures on my iPhone now. But bored, sorry got to many "other" things going on and the phone is just a tool for communications and information.:apple:

14. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

True. . . true... yet, here we are, on the internet- writing and reading about this "it's just a tool" on a forum dedicated to it. Might be just a tad bit more to it than that.

;)

15. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Buy an old car which needs restoration work and get out of the tech gadget frenzy for a bit.

16. cynics macrumors G4

A hobby that utilizes your current tech might help.

I use my iPhone a lot for assorted backpacking and camping things. I also use assorted apps for different ballistic calculations for rifle target shooting and even shot timers for pistol target shooting. None of which are quite as good as dedicated devices but still good none the less.

Plenty of hobbies and things to get into that make the iPhone a lot less boring then just using it for the internet and text messaging.

17. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Maybe iOS just isn't for you any longer. But I use my tech products to be productive, not to fall in love with them on a daily basis.

The beautiful thing is that devices like the iPhone and iPad just disappear when you're using them. It's supposed to be like that.

18. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Smart phones in general are pretty much a mature product these days. There's very little that the 5S does today that you couldn't do with a 4. The 6 won't be as exciting as some people expect. Cell phones are simply the most recent stop on the path of miniaturization. While they're still going to be interesting, the next thing to really wow us will be something else. I'm more excited to see where all the internet-of-things type products are going such as wearables, Nest, Philips Hue, WeMo, iBeacons, etc.

19. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Bang on.