I need a Note-taking app with flawless search & iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by patent10021, Dec 17, 2014.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Notes has my whole life. Study, Biz, personal, ideas. Everything is in the Notes app.

Unfortunately Notes search is just horrible. It often doesn't find the word, can only find the first instance and just plain sucks.

I find it pitiful that Apple can't even get a Notes app right.

I need a Note-taking app with flawless search and iCloud sync. That's all I need. I don't need fancy colours, fonts or any other fluff. If it has that stuff fine but I don't need it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Google Keep.

Oops edit. Forget that I thought there was an iOS version. One is rumored to be in the works though.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Thanks

Not a fan of post-it styles though. I need full page notes.

Basically I need Apple Notes but with flawless search and iCloud.

Maybe I'll base it off of this

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/4/6103843/best-note-taking-app-iphone

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Notability or Evernote? I Know Notability supports iCloud as well as DropBox and other cloud services, but I can't recall if you can search. Evernote should have search, but they may rely on their own servers. I can't remember for sure. Personally I prefer Notability's UI and syncing. It's a paid app that I managed to get free as an App of the Week.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I use Notebooks 7 on both my iPhone and iPad (used the original Notebooks for several years), plus the Mac version. Search is stellar, and you can organize notes into "books" and nest those books almost infinitely, which makes everything very easy to find. I keep all kinds of things in there, from one liners to research topics to full chapters of my current work in progress.

But I'm not sure what iCloud capabilities it has...I have always preferred & used Dropbox sync for my devices as it's platform-agnostic.

6. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Forgot I snagged it for free too lol

I'm gonna use it!

Thanks