I need a opinions on what mac i should buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by image1985, Oct 16, 2008.

1. image1985 macrumors newbie

Hey guys im looking to buy my first mac because i am getting bored with windows. I want a mac that can play games(such as a crysis, oblivion, CoD 4), photo, and video editing. I will be using bootcamp to install windows just so i can play some games and run some windows applications.

thank you

2. Zortrium macrumors 6502

You left out whether you want a laptop or a desktop. If a laptop, you probably want the MBP because of the vastly superior graphics card for gaming relative to the MacBook (though it's not as clearcut now that the MacBooks have something respectable for a GPU). If a desktop, I'd probably recommend the 24" iMac with the 8800 GPU, since the 2600 in the 20" iMacs is pretty mediocre. Of course, there's always the Mac Pro, but if you needed that kind of power, you'd probably know it.

3. image1985 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya i wish i could get the Mac Pro but i just dont have the kind of money for it ya i was thinking about getting the entry level MBP and get a external display or get the 24inch iMac with the 2.8ghz processor with the NVIDIA graphics card
    im not sure but do u think that they will upgrade all the iMacs with NVIDIA graphics card