I need a program organizer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jigimu, Oct 30, 2007.

1. jigimu macrumors newbie

Everyday I install a new program, freeware or demo. Most of them are useful that I do not want to remove from the application folder since I have no space problem. My problem I have too many programs installed and I forget what I had installed. I need a kind of program that can help me look my programs and sort them in order to their tasks or area. That way I can just open one program to look what I have. It is sort of iTunes for Programs. If anyone knows I will be greatly appriciated. Peace!

2. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I don't know of any program that does that, though it would be helpful.

Whenever I install a new program, I create a safari bookmark in a specific "programs" bookmark folder. That way I have a list of everything I install, in the order in which I installed them.

3. jigimu thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try that although...

Thanks I will really try that, let you know...

4. jigimu thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope

I did not find it useful for me
    I am assuming Leopard's finder has the feature until then I am gonna use alies and folders for orginize and spotlight metadata...
    Thanks anyway

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Not an iTunes-esque solution, but you can tag the applications with Spotlight Comments, either manually or with TagBot/FileSpot/Quicksilver. You could have tags for different categories like &Music, &Graphics, &Photo, etc. Then you can use Spotlight or FileSpot to display them.