I need a refresher

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by App Downloader, Feb 25, 2011.

1. App Downloader macrumors member

Now that the new MacBook Pro came out with Thunderbolt, Sandy Bridge and everything, can someone give me a refresher on what the MacBook Air does better than the new MacBook Pro?

2. kryca macrumors member

3. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Fast launching of applications, fast booting, high screen resolution and favorable weight.

4. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

yea the air is not designed as a contender with the pro they are for different users

ultraportable, higher res, light weight, ssd go air

better cpu, storage space, upgradeable ram, more intensive work go pro

5. cleric, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

cleric macrumors 6502a

cleric

Basically its a poon magnet I dare not got near a Victoria Secret's with my trusty MacBook Air for I will be raped and pillaged.

Did the MacBook Pro really not get instant-on what a joke.

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Well any resource heavily dependant on the hard drive.. Boot time for example. General system performance, ie. not CPU intensive tasks will be faster, again due to the SSD.

Superior graphics (to the 13" Pro anyway), superior screen resolution.

Oh and it weighs 2lbs.

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Now that the Pro has been upgraded, the only things the Air has on it are a few frames per second on some games, 1.5 lbs of weight, 1/2" of thickness, and the extra pixels on the display.

The Pro should be a faster computer than the Air and offer a better value proposition. The period from October to yesterday (when the 13" Air offered arguably a better value proposition than the 13" Pro) was unusual. The Air is a luxury device targeted at those who value size and style more than the latest technology.