I need a slim 3.5 mm extension cable, help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by elykoj, May 31, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

Here's my dilemma, I have a Toyota 4runner that did not have an Aux input to plug my smartphones in to play music through car stereo, so I yanked dash and radio out and bought a kit to hook up through radio and led the 3.5 mm cable out through glovebox. The problem is this: the cable end is too thick and won't fit through any of the cases I have tried. I need to find an extension with a really thin plug end that I can get to fit into phone with case on. Can anyone suggest one? I have seen many online but can't really tell if they will be thin enough.

2. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

i just bought a real thin one from Amazon... I've only had it for a few weeks. But it works. I had to send another one back because it didn't work at all. But the second one i tried seems o.k.

SOUND-SQUARED EARPHONE EXTENSION, 3.5MM JACK FOR IPOD OR MP3 PLAYER

Works well doesn't cut out.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. KapitanIksrog macrumors regular

I bought a bunch of these when I started using a bumper. I use them with a mono price 3.5mm-3.5mm for car aux input.

Only problem is I don't know if they are still sold anywhere. Search Belkin F8Z270

[​IMG]

5. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

exactly what i need...

this is what i need ,, thanks!! i found one on ebay, but wish i could find locally. maybe radio shack?

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Might help to specify which case you're using. Not all cases have the same size opening for the headphone jack.

7. ElZeus macrumors regular

I had a similar issue. This worked great. Thank you!

8. whatdoiknw macrumors member

search for this on amazon and you'll get a bunch of recommended options. Any should work for your needs and most under $2 shipped. You can ignore if they say for 3G/3GS as long as it says 3.5mm jack.