I need a slim 3.5 mm extension cable, help?

elykoj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Here's my dilemma, I have a Toyota 4runner that did not have an Aux input to plug my smartphones in to play music through car stereo, so I yanked dash and radio out and bought a kit to hook up through radio and led the 3.5 mm cable out through glovebox. The problem is this: the cable end is too thick and won't fit through any of the cases I have tried. I need to find an extension with a really thin plug end that I can get to fit into phone with case on. Can anyone suggest one? I have seen many online but can't really tell if they will be thin enough.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Here's my dilemma, I have a Toyota 4runner that did not have an Aux input to plug my smartphones in to play music through car stereo, so I yanked dash and radio out and bought a kit to hook up through radio and led the 3.5 mm cable out through glovebox. The problem is this: the cable end is too thick and won't fit through any of the cases I have tried. I need to find an extension with a really thin plug end that I can get to fit into phone with case on. Can anyone suggest one? I have seen many online but can't really tell if they will be thin enough.
i just bought a real thin one from Amazon... I've only had it for a few weeks. But it works. I had to send another one back because it didn't work at all. But the second one i tried seems o.k.

SOUND-SQUARED EARPHONE EXTENSION, 3.5MM JACK FOR IPOD OR MP3 PLAYER

Works well doesn't cut out.

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
I bought a bunch of these when I started using a bumper. I use them with a mono price 3.5mm-3.5mm for car aux input.

Only problem is I don't know if they are still sold anywhere. Search Belkin F8Z270

elykoj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
exactly what i need...

I bought a bunch of these when I started using a bumper. I use them with a mono price 3.5mm-3.5mm for car aux input.

Only problem is I don't know if they are still sold anywhere. Search Belkin F8Z270

this is what i need ,, thanks!! i found one on ebay, but wish i could find locally. maybe radio shack?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
The problem is this: the cable end is too thick and won't fit through any of the cases I have tried. I need to find an extension with a really thin plug end that I can get to fit into phone with case on.
Might help to specify which case you're using. Not all cases have the same size opening for the headphone jack.

ElZeus

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008

I had a similar issue. This worked great. Thank you!

whatdoiknw

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011

search for this on amazon and you'll get a bunch of recommended options. Any should work for your needs and most under $2 shipped. You can ignore if they say for 3G/3GS as long as it says 3.5mm jack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.