I need a small but powerful speaker system (Yes, I did write speaker as in singular)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Willi4m, May 31, 2012.

1. Willi4m macrumors newbie

I have a very small desk so I need a single speaker or maybe bluetooth speakers (with power cable though). Any suggestions? It's for giving parties and stuff in a small 17 sq m flat but I don't want something with heavy bass, I just don't like heavy bass it makes me dizzy not sure why. Thanks guys!

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I have a Jawbone Jambox (the first small version, not the Big Jambox that was recently released) and I love it. It's very small but puts out decent sound and can be used as a wired or wireless (Bluetooth) speaker. I use mine with my iPhone via Bluetooth around the house or when traveling and connected to my MacBook Air when it's connected to an external display on my treadmill desk.

3. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

I came across this recently. But its not stereo.

https://www.ihomeaudio.com/iDM11B/

On the other hand, I too was looking for better bass and no clutter on the desktop, this is what I use. Sleak and usb powered:

http://twelvesouth.com/products/bassjump/

4. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

5. wobegong Guest

If budget is no issue Bowers & Wilkins MM1's

I have a pair and its one of the best purchases I've ever made.

6. Daysight macrumors regular

Just bought a pair of Bose Companion 20 speakers for similar application and was blown away by them. Even fill the outside deck with music.

7. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Take a look at the Bose SoundLink Mobile. It's a well built product and sounds big for it's size. Plus it's portable and comes with a rechargeable battery and a power cord. It has Bluetooth and an audio in port on the back.

8. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

Where's the love for the B&W Zeppelin Air?

I bought a Bose soundlink and was originally impressed with it but decided to check out what all the fuss was about regarding B&W. To make a long story short, I returned the Bose and have been playing my Zeppelin everyday after getting home from work. :)

9. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

The Zepplin is one to check out. Another one to check out is the Play 3 or 5 from a brand called Sonos. They are great and serve pretty darn well. :)