Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tuckmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
redsn0w keeps asking me for the corresponding ipsw for my current firmware... could someone post a good link to it

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
redsn0w keeps asking me for the corresponding ipsw for my current firmware... could someone post a good link to it

Look up a tutorial (iClarified has one, and so do lots of others) and READ it.

When you updated to 3.0, iTunes downloaded the 3.0 restore ipsw.

It's on your computer, just point redsn0w to it. You don't need to download anything but redsn0w.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Look up a tutorial (iClarified has one, and so do lots of others) and READ it.

When you updated to 3.0, iTunes downloaded the 3.0 restore ipsw.

It's on your computer, just point redsn0w to it. You don't need to download anything but redsn0w.

Where on the computer is it, exactly?? :confused:

ShakMAC

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
Still Stuck!

So does anyone have any suggestions how I should jailbreak my iphone 3gs?

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
All you need is the 3.0 ipsw file? Is it the same for 3G and 3G S? If so, I'll just upload it to my idisk and give you a d/l link. LMK if it's the same, because mine is a 3G.

ShakMAC

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
IPSW Problems

Google this "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw. I had loads of problems downloading the file because i was using safari. Use something like firefox. it downloads the package not folders. I have a 3gs 3.0. hope that helps

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
You haven't read enough and search enough. It is actually good to do a lot of searching and reading before you JB because you won't be asking stupid questions in the future.

Go to iclarified and it's there. If not then you should google it!

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
earlier on i was searching for iphone .ipsw's and came acrross This website, it is the best firmware site i have found to date. It has all the firmwares that are released up to 3.0 for all itouch and iphone models

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.