I Need a "Stylus Pen" for Notetaking

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by superspiffy, May 3, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

I recently bought a MBP and made the decision to loose the papers and go fully digital in the classroom. Notetaking has never been more efficient and fun, but there are a few issues I have to ask about...

Often while taking notes in class, I find the need to draw certain things like graphs and diagrams. This is very cumbersome even with a bluetooth mouse, let alone with just a trackpad and your finger. I need a "stylus-like" pen device that I can hookup to the MBP that works with its trackpad to navigate the cursor. I don't need a 100-200 stylus+tablet. I only need a small pen like gadget. Do they even make this thing?

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

unfortunately I don't think such a product exists :(

However, tablets like the wacom graphire are under $100 and are relatively flat. I use my intuos tablet for notetaking sometimes (e.g. for math classes) when i'm using my MacBook as well.

3. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

There is this from Logitech. But it is $150USD. I m sure there are similar products but I picked the first one google came up with. Just search google for "digital pen"

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

5. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

6. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Paper and pen my friend. I love my laptop, but it can replace a simple paper and pencil. I actually only use a computer in lectures. In seminars, etc, I prefer paper and pen.

BTW, I never have room for a BT mouse in class anyway. Desks are tiny.