iPad I need a tablet so badly can only wait another month

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Jun 12, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

do u guys think anytime soon for the new gens of ipads? i need it for employee scheduling and on the go browsing. the battery life and screen res has to be great. i also need to view videos on trips but most importantly help me keep productive during the school year ( second year college )

if not an ipad whats the best tablet out at the moment ? price isnt an issue i just need reliability

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

New iPads probably won't be introduced until the fall. Why not get a current iPad?

3. tazz3 macrumors regular

iPad 4 is awesome I love my. 32 gig refurb from apple store for 499.
    I could not Waite till fall for the 5. The4 is all I need

4. makinao macrumors regular

5. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Amazing that this mentality has come into being whereby people consider excellent products that are currently available completely unacceptable for purchase because an incremental update is due sometime in the future. It really is mind bogglingly stupid when you think about it....

6. John2shan macrumors newbie

If you really need - go for it, what is the problem.

7. MandyAW92 macrumors member

I would say you still got a long while yet before a new branch of iPads come out, get a current gen one, if you actually need it

8. mrmarts macrumors 65816

The iPad 5 is not an incremental update it going to be like the iPhone 5 a major update, shedding the size, weight and bezel, it is worth the wait plus the fact that ios7 will be pre-installed on it.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

A used iPad 2 is the cheapest, most capable iPad you can get with the Mini coming in for a little more money. An iPad1, while still usable, will show its age more. The Mini will get the full iOS7 so you might think about going that route.

I suppose it depends on what you want to use this interim iPad for.

----------

The value you place on an upgrade depends on your priorities, is it specs or looks and weight. If the iPad5 is identical to the 4 except for the new form factor I actually consider the 3 > 4 to be a more significant update than the 4 > 5.

10. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Thread title: i need a tablet so badly can only wait another month

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I bought a Mini and was worried that the non retina and possible upcoming retina would give me pause and/or buyers remorse. But got one on Monday and really like it. Well except for the fact that Apple still hasn't supported autocorrect for external BT keyboards that was promised with iOS 6.

All that said I will probably either sell it or give it to my wife and get a retina Mini when they are released.

12. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I think the OP got the word NEED muddled up with WANT! Nobody needs an iPad. You just want one!
    Buy current gen or wait until September at the earliest.

13. bluespark macrumors 65816

14. hockeyfanatic macrumors member

If you need it for work, buy it now then put up with hassle and loss in value when the new one is released to upgrade.

If you just want it now, I would wait, unless their is a specific need, even if money is no issue.

15. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

i sold my mini last month, now i am giving my MBP much needed love.

16. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

if you are worried that a new iPad will be coming soon, you should buy a pre owned used iPad which is in good condition try sites like ebay or craiglist where you can have a face to face interaction with your buyer and get a good product at lower price :)
    Else a new iPad is always an option.

17. mphtrilogy macrumors newbie

thats what i told my wife

put the request in for fathers day

i dont think the 5 will have a new chip, so i am thinking 4 will still be very relevant for 2+ years...

i waited too long to replace my ipad 1.0 its barely usable and crashes regularly.

i think moving forward the move it to upgrade every 18mos to 2 years...

i cant wait to see what ive been missing since all i have is the ipad 1.0

18. beautifulcoder macrumors regular

Get it now. You can always flip it later. Crazy demand for it in the market means it holds up its value.

19. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

That's what I just got too. Love it and use it non stop. With the resale value why wait.

20. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

need is different from wanting one. If you really had needed one, you would have already bought it without asking a forum