I need a transfer program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joelw135, Oct 31, 2008.

1. joelw135 macrumors 6502

joelw135

I am looking for a program that will transfer photos from my camera or memory card to a certain directory of my iMac. It must also create a folder within that directory. On the PC there is one called "Transfer" which creates a folder with the date. It also can erase the card when transfer is complete. Freeware would be great.

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

3. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

Can you provide a link as the Automator I saw is not just a transfer program it does a lot more and looks way involved to learn.

4. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I used to use some freebie Canon software to do that (it worked with any memory card, not just Canon cameras) - I think it was called ZoomBrowser.

5. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

Yes I know about that but again I just need a simple transfer application, if not I can use Aperture, but I want to eliminate the using another program inbetween.

6. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

If you're planning on using Aperture to edit and categorise the images, surely it'd be far easier to use that to import them as well - particularly if you want to eliminate using another program in between.

7. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

Now there is where the problem arises! I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo to edit and that is run in VMware in a virtual machine. And the VMware does not recognize the SD card or the camera. Hence I need a small program.