I need a USB hub that can power about a dozen devices...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jrm27, Sep 29, 2011.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I am in need of more USB connectivity for my imac. I think I'd like to be able to have about 12 plugs (or more). Between external hard drives, digital cameras, ipads, iphones, printers, external dvd drives, etc... I'm outta space.

Is there a good solution out there? Most everything I see at my local stores are strips that only have four or so. I'd like it if the hub could power devices as well. That way I could be charging multiple iDevices. Thanks!

-jon

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I may not be ideal, but you could get a multiple hubs and daisy chain them together. Some are even designed to be stacked on top of each other for this specific purpose.

3. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I have a Belkin 7 port hub and all ports are in use. For the occasional extra device, I unplug something and plug in the new one. My printer and 1 external hard drive are plugged into a power strip. Don't think I've ever seen a USB hub that also has power strip capabilities also. Can you plug another hub into another?

4. coopiklaani macrumors member

coopiklaani

:p Really? Connect up to 12 USB devices then you'll suffer from super low bus speed.

5. jbjones85 macrumors member

I have a 10 port one from Atomik Tech (cheapo from amazon) and it serves the purpose for my other comp.