I need a Website Download (fast reply)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sawmaster, Oct 8, 2008.

1. sawmaster macrumors regular

Hello! I'm new to MacRumors! This is my first topic and post!

I need help with software. Does anybody know about any software that could download entire websites for me for mac? It can't be BlueCrab or Site Sucker, or CocoaWget. I've tried those and no good luck. BlueCrab was my luck! But the trial expired. I liked how SiteSucker keped my login. But I couldn't click on links. Since all of the pages were "blablabla.html?other page here". I was trying to back up my proboards website so I could use it offline. Computer Dorks
    Can anybody please help me? Thanks!\]

I'd like a reply fast! Thanks!

2. sawmaster thread starter macrumors regular

P.S I want to be able to put it on my iPod Touch using Air Sharing. And also be able to login to my proboards first! lol

3. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

If I need to do a backup for friends etc and they havent got ssh account access then I always use plain old wget. (check out the man pages) - wget -nd -r --domains=www.something.com http://www.somethng.com/index.html .

But remember you'll likely not beable to use it from a forum site if it has a database behind it (as most of the content is generated by the server as you browse).

I havent used proboards (I really dislike hosted sites preferring to host my oen on a leased server).

Hope this points you in nearly the right direction.

:)

4. Delameko macrumors member

Why don't you just buy BlueCrab, it's only $25... ?

5. sawmaster thread starter macrumors regular

I can't afford that. Also, it won't login to my website properly. It keeps downloading my website as a guest. I can't find a free version of BlueCrab, also. I did torrent files, google searches, and other stuff. :(

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The website is yours ?

Try FTP.

7. sawmaster thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. But its' hosted by Proboards.

What's FTP?

8. sawmaster thread starter macrumors regular

lol good one! :D

9. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952