I need a wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by VI™, Dec 23, 2013.

1. VI™ macrumors 6502a

I purchased a Mad Catz M.O.U.S.9 and frankly, it's pretty terrible. I wanted a blue tooth mouse with more than the standard two buttons and scroll wheel for gaming and photoshop, but there doesn't appear to be a lot out there. I have a wired Naga for my desktop and even looked at the Naga Epic, but the wireless connector is apparently the charging station and I don't want to carry that around. I'd even settle for one I had to use a dongle for if it was a really good mouse, but I'd prefer to use blue tooth so I don't take up one of the two USB ports on my MBP.

Anyone have suggestions to throw out there?

2. spaz8 macrumors 6502

I'm looking at the naga 2014.. I actually want a wired mouse. To replace my old Bluetooth might mouse. I'm also looking at the naga epic, hopefully there will be a 2014 edition.

How have you found the naga? I hear lots if horror stories about the synapse 2 software. Looks like razer just released a 10.9 compatible version just 10 days ago.

3. VI™ thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've never actually used it for gaming in OS X. I use it for everything else and don't really have a need for the side buttons. It's connected via a KVM so it does gaming duty on my Wintel desktop and photo editing duty on OS X.

4. Bear macrumors G3

The synapse software is a horror and their customer support is very slow and the Naga quality sucks - I went through 3 before giving up and getting a different mouse.

Try the Logitech G600 mouse for gaming. There is Mac compatible software available for download from Logitech and it works decently. I've had my G600 for over 3 months now.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I really like the Logitech Performance MX. It has a tiny USB dongle and it works great. I have three of them and have used them for years.

6. Haiku214 macrumors member

7. Wankershim macrumors newbie

Have you looked at the Razer Orochi? Like the Naga it can be used wired or BT. I bought one because I needed to be able to right-click and left-click simultaneously. I don't remember offhand if I had to install the synapse drivers or not, but I haven't had any problems with it.

8. VI™ thread starter macrumors 6502a

I want more than a 3 button mouse though.

9. icefisher225, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

icefisher225 macrumors newbie

I (personally) use the Mad Catz R.A.T. 9 wireless gaming mouse. Yes, it does have the little bluetooth dongle thing, but if you want a really good mouse you will have to put up with it. I just bought the (cheap) Sabrent HB-UMLS USB hub. It gives you 2 extra ports on top of the mouse and equivalent one that is built in. Really like both the mouse and hub.

10. kriebe macrumors member

kriebe

I would also recommend Logitech, but I can't seem to get any of mine to work with Mavericks. I've loved their mice forever. Been using a 510 for quite a while, but the cursor jumps and stops constantly as their drivers and support suck. I'm also looking for a good alternative that works great with Mavericks. Something with the regular 2 buttons, scroll wheel and 2 side (forward/back) buttons. And not something like the Mad Catz which costs over $100.