I need advice about the payment for my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ben17, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ben17 macrumors member

I pre ordered my iphone 4 on june 16 at 10:56 PDT and it took the money out of my debit card account straight away, a couple of days later i realised the money had gone back in to my account and is still there now. My iphone is still not prepared for shipment, I am just wondering if this is normal and when they will charge me, or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. satirev macrumors 6502

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

They're checking the funds ... they will take back the funds on date of delivery.

4. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Yes it is normal. The first charge is meant to be temporary hold to check if you've got enough balance. The real charge won't come till they actually ship the phone. (if you ordered from AT&T, looks like the charge won't happen till you receive the phone.)

5. soonerfan macrumors member

The first 'charge' wasn't really a charge. It was just a preauthorization to verify the funds were actually in your account. You will most likely be charged when the phone actually ships or a few days thereafter.

6. Ben17 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry i forgot to mention im in the UK and bought the sim free version. Thanks, i understand now :)