I need advice for my film class.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bki122689, Oct 17, 2009.

1. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

For my film class we have to make a 2-3 minute film that involves a conflict and a box.

I was thinking of a guy who got the wrong delivery box and then a chase starts. IDK kinda lost.

2. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

conflict/box/thinking.
    Schrödinger's cat springs to mind.
    LULZZZZ

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

Or Pulp Fiction.

4. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

5. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

My vote is for Pulp Fiction style. I once did a similar shoot for my wife's media class. We had a chase scene, sequenced the heck out of shots. Tons of cut aways and closeups of surrounding objects to help build an environment. Word of advice. Think a lot of quick short shots, link them to the action, cut, cut , cut.... In the end, put a light in a brief case. As the actor opens the case it will send this mysterious glow on there face... then cut to credits... leave everyone wondering what was in the case.

6. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

I think it's a great idea, as it's an idea versus a style (like Pulp Fiction or Seven). Come up with the idea first, then pick a style that fits.

You need to do some brainstorming on this. Who is chasing whom (is the delivery person chasing someone because he didn't get a signature? Did the person get a wrong package, say, a wedding dress? Did he get a box of cocaine or a severed head and the police is chasing him? Or gangsters? Or both? Is is a gaggle of Benny Hill bikini clad dancers chasing him off a cliff?)

You've got a germ of an idea and you just need to flesh it out.