I need advice on my Iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doug0365, Jun 18, 2009.

1. doug0365 macrumors member

I've had my on an incase slider case through practically all my time I had my iphone 3g and now that I was going to put it up for sale. I noticed that in the bottom of the iphone near the charging port there is a crack! :mad:

My question to you is does apple cover that? Am I screwed on selling my iphone now? It works perfectly but now I'm afraid I practically have to give it away to get rid of it :(

What should I do?

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

IF you didn't drop it, take it to the apple store and they will exchange it... just have it in your case when you go up there.. Just tell them that you took your case off to clean it and noticed it was cracking..

3. letsmod macrumors newbie

letsmod

call apple, they will tell you. But I am pretty sure its not covered under the warranty

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yupp you're screwed.

I'll give you $6 for it. It's in my PayPal already.

5. kvasir macrumors regular

I had some cracks near the ringer switch and they replaced it no problem. Your mileage may vary.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Can you explain what the crack looks like? Mine looked like a web rippling out from the charging dock and they replaced it in a heartbeat. If it looks like a drop crack I think you might find yourself out of luck.

7. doug0365 thread starter macrumors member

Here is a picture I took of crack.. tell me what u think.. can i take this to apple under warranty?

Attached Files: