I need Advice reguarding update to snowleopard and key codes to prior owned programs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ispitrecords, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ispitrecords macrumors newbie

I have been having trouble with my mac pro.. it brings me to two blue screens.. I was told to Re install.. "archive and install" to be specific .. Snow leopard.. In a tragic fire i lost alot of things.. one of which was my key code to abletonlive.. If i archive and install snow leopard again to fix my boot up problem.. Will it ask me for a keycode for abletonlive?.. Or will all my applications run as they did prior to having my boot up problem, after archive and install is ran with snowleopard again... Im somewhat computer savy.. but not too indepth.. Anyone with information that could possibly help me.. i would be greatly appreciative....

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The Mac OS X sub-forum would be better suited for this question.
    And also a better formatting of you post could increase readability.

Snow Leopard does not really do an "Archive and Install" anymore like Leopard or Tiger did.

It just reinstalls the system and leaves no folder called Previous System behind.
    http://theappleblog.com/2009/08/27/snow-leopard-the-installation-process/

Therefore your Ableton license should still be working, but your boot problem might also be still existing.

Why don't you ask Ableton for your license? There must be still some kind of prove, that you purchased that piece of software legally, or is there not?

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have never had to re-enter registration codes for software after an archive and install

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Same here...all went well, no serial or reg code re-entry was needed when I went 10.5.8 to 10.6.

5. ispitrecords thread starter macrumors newbie

In reply

Thank you .. i really appreciate the feedback.. Im going to go ahead and run that