Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I've been using Awaken but there have been some days it doesn't start, or something happens. I have two other alarm clocks that wake me up (Timex that's not very loud and iPhone that's not loud either). I'm kind of a heavy sleeper so if the alarm stops after a minute or so I won't get up.

Today made me realize that I need something else than Awaken. I'm off but forgot to turn off the alarm that was originally set for 10am. I woke up about 930a, got up to make some coffee, and I heard my Mac start by the dings from syncing up Messages. Awaken never started.

I've emailed them in the past and for a while they were good but last time I never received a response and last I checked their app hasn't been updated since November 2014.

Does anyone have any reliable alarm clocks that can help me wake up? Since I have a desktop it would be great if I can snooze it with the Apple Remote or iPhone.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Have you tried wakie? It's an app and you get a real person phone you to wake you up. I've not used it for a while but it's rather effective!

mivara

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2015
Denmark
Wow, that Wakie app sounds interesting. I have just been using Rise so far but I might give Wakie a shot.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
So I think I sorted this out. I had started using an older Microsoft BT mouse and turned off my Magic Mouse. When the MS Mouse would go to sleep, it would lose connection, and a box would pop up on the Mac wanting to help me to connect a BT mouse. This box was kind of pausing everything on my Mac, I think? One the 3rd or 4th day of this happening, I came home and my screen was still on, everything exactly where I left it. That made me realize something was wrong and I switched back to the MM. No issues so far and Awaken is working as it should.

I just wish they'd update their app. And maybe let me snooze it with an Apple Remote or iPhone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.