I need an alarm clock to wake me up every morning!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, Aug 16, 2015.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68010

I've been using Awaken but there have been some days it doesn't start, or something happens. I have two other alarm clocks that wake me up (Timex that's not very loud and iPhone that's not loud either). I'm kind of a heavy sleeper so if the alarm stops after a minute or so I won't get up.

Today made me realize that I need something else than Awaken. I'm off but forgot to turn off the alarm that was originally set for 10am. I woke up about 930a, got up to make some coffee, and I heard my Mac start by the dings from syncing up Messages. Awaken never started.

I've emailed them in the past and for a while they were good but last time I never received a response and last I checked their app hasn't been updated since November 2014.

Does anyone have any reliable alarm clocks that can help me wake up? Since I have a desktop it would be great if I can snooze it with the Apple Remote or iPhone.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

use the iPhone alarm inside of the control center and put the phone inside of a dry n empty drinking glass.. The glass will amply the speakers on the phone ....

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried wakie? It's an app and you get a real person phone you to wake you up. I've not used it for a while but it's rather effective!

4. mivara macrumors regular

mivara

Wow, that Wakie app sounds interesting. I have just been using Rise so far but I might give Wakie a shot.

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68010

So I think I sorted this out. I had started using an older Microsoft BT mouse and turned off my Magic Mouse. When the MS Mouse would go to sleep, it would lose connection, and a box would pop up on the Mac wanting to help me to connect a BT mouse. This box was kind of pausing everything on my Mac, I think? One the 3rd or 4th day of this happening, I came home and my screen was still on, everything exactly where I left it. That made me realize something was wrong and I switched back to the MM. No issues so far and Awaken is working as it should.

I just wish they'd update their app. And maybe let me snooze it with an Apple Remote or iPhone!