I need an app that records phone call PART2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rahstyles, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Rahstyles macrumors member

Rahstyles

Ok seriously... i just called the maitenece guy that my toliet has a broken peice in the tank... and this guy didnt come over at 4pm as he said he would.. so i called him.. and he called me a mutha F'er.. so i started to cuss him out.. But i gotta tell on his.. poor azz too the apartment mangers.. but i know there gonna want some proof.. so thats why i need.. it.. I live in california.. i dont care.. if i get sued or watever for recording a phone call.. but i need it..

So can sombody please help me out.. and tell me what iphone 4 app could help me??

I mean shoot.. there always talking about... ohhh iphone got a app for this app for that... .. seriously.. Well weres the app to record phone calls...

Cause i know thats hell of alot more important then some stupid fart app..

Ya dig?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Not sued, arrested. Violation of California Penal Code Sections 631 & 632 can result in a $2,500 fine, up to 1 year imprisonment, or both. Oh, AND they sue you for the greater of $3,000 or treble damages.

Maybe you should move?

3. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Microphone doesn't function when in a phone call, as the phone app is using it.

No app is allowed access to the phone app, or any incoming call, there is basically no app that can do this.

On an unjailbroken iPhone, as even if it was possible, apple would never approve it.

Buy a tape recorder and talk to him on speaker phone.

4. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

5. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

There is no app for recording calls. I didn't read part 1 of your thread, so I'm not sure if this was already suggested... You could dial your number to leave a voicemail and start a conference call between your recording voicemail and the person you're trying to record. The conversation will be left on your voicemail. I'm not sure how long you can record and I'm not sure of all the details, but I recall reading a tutorial online about it.

1. Be in call with person
    2. Hit the button to add a call (the +)
    3. Type in your phone number
    4. It will go strait to voicemail
    5. Once you here the beep, it will start recording
    6. When you hang up the call, you will get a voicemail of your recording

EDIT: Just found this. For $30, you can record 120 minutes through their service. It doesn't record incoming calls. Only outgoing and you can use it on any phone. I believe you call them first and give their automated system the number you wanna dial and the entire phone call passes through them first allowing THEM to record it.

Then there is an app that lets you do it, but you gotta pay per minute. Here.

6. Rahstyles thread starter macrumors member

Rahstyles

Damnn... i rememeber.. an app called fake caller id... and it could record your calls.. but its a cydia app.. too bad iphone 4 cant be jailbroken yet..

besides what would you do in that situation?

7. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

As a paying tenant your apartment manager should take your complaint seriously without any reason to doubt your story. You shouldn't need a recording of any conversations or anything like that you just need to be polite, express your situation without swearing and ask for it to be rectified. If your apartment manager is unable/unwilling to do this then maybe its time to look for an apartment thats managed better?

8. Rahstyles thread starter macrumors member

Rahstyles

Is there any legal things.. i can do to fight this?

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Tape recorder and when you start the call state "This call is being recorded for my safety." Then you are safe.

10. S Brake macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Google voice can record calls that you receive.

11. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

Your state likely has a spot on its website dealing with the rights of tenants. You can probably google for "<yourstate> landlord tenant law" and come up with some reasonable hits, too.

Read your lease carefully. If you don't understand it, talk to an attorney. Your rights (and obligations!) are very carefully spelled out, and there is often a clause that releases you from the lease if the landlord doesn't fix things related to health or safety in a timely manner. For lesser things, but still things that the landlord has agreed to maintain, you may be able to have it fixed on your own and then deduct the cost from the rent (you'll certainly have to have tried to get your landlord to fix it first, though).

In any case, the best way to protect yourself in the event of an uncooperative landlord is to leave a paper trail. Mail your landlord a letter outlining your complaints, and keep a copy for yourself. Get a return receipt to prove it was delivered. Then the clock starts ticking WRT any remedies you may have in the lease.

As everyone else has said, be polite. Apologize for cussing the guy out (even if you believed you were right) right up front, and then try to have a civil conversation. Use the words "please" and "thank you." If it gets that far, use them in your letter, too.