I need an app that will archive my emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by james948, Aug 16, 2015.

1. james948 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

I may need to send a bunch of my correspondence to a lawyer and I need a readable format for all the emails. I could go in and copy and paste all the emails to and from but that's so laborious even thinking about it makes me want to hit my head with a piece of wood.

Does anyone know of a way I can take my emails (gmail mostly) and put them into an app that will parse them and order them and generate a document for me?

At this stage even getting them into CSV format would be good but I'm currently using Airmail and when I drag and drop, they become .eml files that I don't know what to do with.

Any ideas greatly appreciated?

It seems like there should be a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.
    James

2. torchy macrumors newbie

James,

Mailsteward http://mailsteward.com can do what you want I believe. Have used it for years (but just for archiving) and on a quick test it appears to support what you want.

David

3. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Check out email archiver. It makes PDFs of your emails, which makes them easy for others to read. It also appends the header info in teeny tiny text, which might be useful since it's searchable.

They've got a new beta out, which might work as well.

5. teezy macrumors member

teezy

[possibly] unrelated(?) but is there a way for Mail to not take up so much space? like is there a way to delete any locally saved files or does/will everything have to be downloaded and saved locally?