I need an idiots guide to create a UK ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bulldog VII, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

I know there are loads of posts regarding this, but it just confuses me what I need to do to create a ring tone for my iphone.

I have an iMac running, 10.5.3 my itunes is 7.6.2 (9). I have garageband (which I can't seem to import a song to?) I have checked & all have the current up to date software

HELP please!!

Thanks

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Drag a song to the garageband track list (you can't use iTMS songs though).

Hit the loop button and move the yellow bar around until it's over 30 seconds of music or less. Go to Share > Export Ringtone or something like that.

3. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi Jon

I almost cracked it, I managed to cut the song & make it smaller, but I am struggling to save it in the correct format. When I export to ipod it saves it as a normal song & not a .mr4 format??

Thanks

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

5. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hello,
    I am having a kind of similar ringtone problem creatng a ringtone however I want a ringtone that is like an 80's telephone ringing (not bell but electronic noise) I can see on itunes basic ringtones that are like old school phones (bell type) but not others. Anyone have any ideas where I can get other ringtones or how to create such a thing?

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You need Garageband 08, there will be an option to "Send Song to iTunes as Ringtone" or something like that phrase in the Share menu.

You do not need to cut the song. Where did I say cut the song? I said drag the yellow "loop" bar over the 30 (or 41) seconds of audio.

7. memesmith macrumors regular

You don't need Garageband 08. What you need to do is save your clip as MP4, then go to the file in the finder and change the name to read .mr4
    then drag the renamed file to iTunes' ringtones folder, and Bob's your auntie's live-in lover!

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You might not NEED Garageband 08, but it's really nice. It alters the EQ on export so that it sounds better on tiny phone speakers.

Re-naming a file won't get you that.

9. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa