iPad mini I need an iPad mini this weekend

Discussion in 'iPad' started by revheck, Nov 21, 2012.

1. revheck macrumors newbie

I'm leaving for a trip to South Africa on Monday, and want to take one with me for the 17-hour flight. Obviously it is too late to order online. I've called a few Apple stores, but nobody has one in stock.

Any advice on best store to find one? I am in central New Jersey, but will be driving route-95 through Philadelphia-Baltimore-Washington on Sunday, to fly out of Dulles on Monday.

Or am I SOL?

2. kallyq macrumors regular

check Milo.com

I just called Verizon by me and they got them 3 hours ago :)
    (I'm really far from you though, but it is just an idea)

The other thing I have seen is that after 10 pm you can go on apple.com and have one held for pick up the next day :)

I hope that helps!

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Don't know which one you want but with Best Buy you can now search for stock in a specific store for at least some of the Minis. Just use a zip code.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I just checked that and I don't get any check in-store options.

Best Buy

5. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Three best buys around my area had only the 64GB version of the Mini available.

6. steve dave macrumors 6502a

Wait until 10p and try the apple inventory tracker.

I have to ask, though, did you not know you we're taking this trip before now?

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

Go to the store, speak with the manager...explain and see if that Apple customer service come through.

8. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Get aggressive about calling all the best buys in the area and see if they can look up inventory in the region.

Got on the last 16 wifi (white) at best buy yesterday phew

9. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

Do this.

Make sure you are already signed in with your Apple ID and have your credit card information saved. After 10 pm, try to purchase a mini for in-store pick-up. It may say they don't have any for a little while, but just refresh your cart every few minutes. Eventually it will be available and you will be able to purchase it tonight online and pick it up in store the next day.

This is how I was able to get mine.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If I saw this earlier, I wouldn't have return my extra one. You can pick one up from the Apple Store; or have someone else pick one up for you.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Or you can pick up a Nexus 7 and use it for the time being until you get back to the states. Maybe by time you return, Apple will have them in stock.

12. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Same for me. I checked last night, and the apple stores in the Dallas /fort worth area had some of each black model (I didn't check white)

13. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I just walked into a PeachMac store and walked out with a black 16gb. Guy said they had a bunch. This was a week and a half ago. They're out there.

14. EMAN19 macrumors 6502

Ordering from MacMall (re-seller) is a good option too. Overnight delivery is only $20-35. You'll have it next day if they have the configuration you want.

15. Jades macrumors 6502

I have an extra white 16 GB ipad mini att if you want to meet up. I'm in manhattan. It's still in the shipping box fully sealed