i need an "L" shaped table top

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by neverownedapc, Jun 21, 2008.

1. neverownedapc macrumors member

neverownedapc

i'm gonna make my own work station desk since the stuff is really too expensive and still can't hold what i need or it's too cheap with even less space to put everything in the right place. anyone know where i can get a curved "L" shaped desk top at? i'd like a curved one so i can sit at the corner and place everything for my different interests all within reach on each side and yet still be able to get away not having to move my studio monitors ever. then i need to add a pearch/riser in the corner that is 19" rack width so i can mount some equipment too and still utilize a crt still but not waste all that room so any place i can get something like that, let me know.

if not, i'm afraid i'm gonna have to build one but i'm not sure if i can get a large enough piece of wood to start wit that will be sturdy enough. let me know and thanks for any help.

here's an idea of what i'm talking about, but i'd like a one piece set-up with a riser (or i can just put one on): http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewproduct.asp?SKU=HONBON10500NN22

2. neverownedapc thread starter macrumors member

neverownedapc

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I own an office furniture company in MN, it would cost a lot to ship but maybe we could make a deal on delivery/installation. I would love to visit the Chi-Town again! :D

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

As an objective 3rd party, I would like to request some photos of any L-shaped desks you have in stock before this communication can proceed further.

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    HAHA I think I'm getting called out! Fair enough. I will see what we got in stock on Monday. ;) :)

In the meantime, here's a link to our website: http://www.diversifiedfurniture.netfirms.com/index.html :D

6. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Hermann Miller has cool stuff. We have some of their home furniture. Eames Chair, Noguchi Table, some Nelson tables. :D

I'd like to get an Aeron chair for my home office, but don't really want to spend the money.

7. neverownedapc thread starter macrumors member

neverownedapc

i'll check out your site. money wise, i'm not looking to dump my life saving into a desk.

8. The Doctor macrumors member

The Doctor

my friend has a sweet l shaped desk... i think he bought it at staples on sale.

9. neverownedapc thread starter macrumors member

neverownedapc

my current desk was bought at office max and it is fine to a point. glass also looks alot cooler when you don't own it. it gets so dirty, i can't put the keyboard in the corner, i can't put anything heavy on the corner, etc. it was fun while lasted and now i think i might cannibalize the legs and buy some of that new kitchen countertop stuff from home depot. it's laminate, but it looks like textured high quality stuff and i know it's black and dust shows up, but it's easier to clean than glass and i'll have alot more options of where i can go with it.

10. Josh Hartlett macrumors newbie

Herman Miller?

Herman Miller will cost you an arm and a leg! Better off going with a reproduction manufacturer like http://www.shangrilasofa.com.

11. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

In the case of the Eames chair, Noguchi table, Nelson tables etc., I'm interested in collecting important design pieces that will hold or gain value, not saving money on cheap knock-offs. I've seen a Noguchi reproduction. It was cheap looking and not at all faithful to the original. There are plenty of Eames imitations...it's just not the same thing.

Thus, I disagree with you.

12. neverownedapc thread starter macrumors member

neverownedapc

thanks for the help, but i need a large desk, not some pimp furniture. lol. otherwise, it's very nice to know where to get my furniture if i become a rockstar. if i get the $860 to spend on that one chair that looks like the one from the tv show "frasier", i'd be on that first. if that is a knock off too, it's the same price as the original cause i've seen them and drool over them every time.

i understand you when you write about wanting quality things as i am like that for my car, but just like that, it has nothing to do with the topic unless you can explain to me how your interests help me find something of more function than value? i just need something i can use for a year or so, so i could care less of the brand name. i can just BUILD something that would be worth just as much but i really don't have the time and i've thought that through and i think i'll wait till after i rent my current house out, buy another one, and build something really nice that'll i'll keep forever.

13. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Check Ikea. Their stuff is great for the price, and it's pretty stylish. You can make your own combination so you can choose how long each side is going to be. Taking a quick look, a desk with 2m on each side costs $330.