I need buying advice on a new macbook pro! ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Twiztedklown316, May 9, 2010.

1. Twiztedklown316 macrumors member

Twiztedklown316

I would prefer to buy the new top of the line 17" Macbook PRo, but that likely won't be possible, so I'll be picking from the 15" MBP line.

What is the minimum spec notebook I can buy to effectively run: Final Cut Studio 3, Adobe After Effects CS5, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Contribute, In design CS5? (obviously not all at the same time).

I'll be editing a lot of HDV and AVCHD.

I'm currently running an 8 year old 17" Powerbook G4 1GHZ w/1GB RAM, and the pain I can tell it is in everytime I attempt anything remotely HD is unbearable :(

I'm trying to buy the cheapest notebook I can to do what I need it to do.
    HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Thanks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The base 15" with hi res screen is enough, spend the money for 8GB RAM

3. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

4. madcurt macrumors newbie

i need buying advice

Im currently in the market for a new laptop and am planning to take the leap to mac, i dont really know which one i should buy im looking at the 15" 2.53 and the 15" 2.66
    ill be using it for school im a biology major and computer science/interactive media minor student and ill use it for music recording/creation and for playing games the current games i have so far are as followed: crysis, quake 4, medal of honor airborne, clive barkers jericho, far cry 2, unreal tournament 3, bioshock 1, and im looking to pick up maybe a few others pretty soon, also does anyone know how windows 7 is for gaming? i know vista can play all these gays perfectly fine but would xp or 7 be able to run them better?
    given that info what would all of you recommend me to get?