I Need Custom Osx Program For Small Firm

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeoBl, Apr 27, 2007.

1. LeoBl macrumors newbie

HELP! I am tearing my hair out with this, and can find absolutely nothing mac based. I am one of a two lawyer firm who does real estate and association law. I am not fond of collections but it is part of our work. I can';t find anything to do what I need. This would be a very simple application but I have to find someone to write it. An enterprising programmer could probably find a market with this type of application.

This would involve calculation of per annum interest (easy) per line item of delinquent assessment (principal). Then I need to be able to allocate payment to principal, interest, late fees, attorneys's fees and costs for each line item "assessment." Finally, the percentage applied to each needs to be flexible - condo law is not the same as homeowner association law, and some clients prefer a different method of application. Still, that would be only two or three possible algorithms.

Can anyone help me?
    :eek:

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

excel is your friend in this case, that is if I'm understanding you right.
    are you decent/ ever used / own? excel?
    if you don't know how and If I got all the details straight I could do it for a small fee, or none if its simple enough.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Can you accurately describe each potential calculation in mathematical form?

Do a decision tree, with formulae at the ends
    If this then do it this way
    If the other then do it that way.

Can you describe all of the variables?

If you can't define the business rules on paper for each eventuality, then give up on having it programmed.

If you can define the rules with accuracy and account for each possible variation, then you can proceed.