I need external monitor advice, please!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rhythmac, Aug 2, 2009.

1. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

I have decided to get an external monitor... but I could use some help deciding between
    HP 2159m (21"widescreen monitor • Response time: 3 ms • VGA, DVI-D, and HDMI inputs )
    or
    HP W2338H (23-Inch Widescreen Monitor • Response time: 5 ms • VGA and HDMI inputs).

Attached Files:

2. macintel4me macrumors 6502

Between the 23" and the 21", I would get the 23" one. Bigger is better.

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Ditto.

4. zenithtop macrumors newbie

i also looking for a external display but my situtation is a little bit different

i am using a mbp17 with glossy screen and i loved it. i have no problems with the reflection or anything.

i am looking to add more estate space and will be using the external display side by side with my mbp when i am at home

right now i am tossed between the ACD 24" LED and other 24" IPS panels (samsung, philips, hp etc)

the apple seems like a good choice because it has the same matching glossy panel, LED and same black bezel. it also has mini DP and magsafe so i can easily hook it up. however its height cannot be adjusted so i am wondering if it is too low if i put side by side next to my mbp on mStand? it is also the most expensive option as I am considering cheaper alternatives

right now i would loved to hear some feedback from users who use a non-glossy display(be it the 23" ACD or other brands) side by side with a glossy MBP screen. any problems with using both glossy and non-glossy together?