I need help again... Plz read my previous post too...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by akisbougos, Jul 5, 2011.

1. akisbougos macrumors newbie

Hey, i think i need assistance again... Some idiot clicked erase all content and settings in my JB iphone (4.1.2 iOS if i recall correctly) and now it won't turn on again... I put it in DFU mode and try restore and i get an 3194 error... I have read about SHSH and that stuff but since it can't turn on and my pc recognises it only in recovery mode then I can't make that backup stuff with tinyumbrella(I 'm not sure if I am using it right btw)... Plz waste some of your time and send me a step by step guide of what to do... I really want to make it work again... :(:(:(

2. KAKA2081 macrumors newbie

This happened to me once , Just Press Sleep/Power Button + Home Button together for like 15 seconds and it will turn on.

contact me : black_knight98@live.com if that didnt work .

3. akisbougos thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course i tried that... it still wont turn on

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That has nothing to do with it.
    Someone used the erase all on his iphone.
    You will have to put it in DFU mode and restore it. If your computer is giving you problems and errors try restoring it on another computer using DFU restore.

5. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

In the future, try using a more descriptive title too, please. :)

6. akisbougos thread starter macrumors newbie

DFU restore... u mean to put my iphone in the state that the screen is black but the pc recognises it? oh perhaps i should have mentioned it before but i m a windows user...

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes that's the one.
    You can do it in both win or Mac.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

DFU restore is ALL you can do. No need to post further until you get that to work.

I’m wondering who the idiot was that used your phone. :D I never let anyone touch mine, so…...

9. akisbougos thread starter macrumors newbie

I succeded to bypass error 3194 by using these steps:
    1. Add the following entries into your Windows hosts file:
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

2. Download your ipsw file.

3. Go to Tinyumbrella and download their Fixrecovery file. (2 are provided 4.2.1 and 4.3 – use according to the OS you downloaded from IPSW step 2)

4. Run the device in DFU mode and run the Fixrecovery.

5. Open iTunes and place your device in restore mode (Hold Home buton and power together for abou 20 to 30 seconds)

6. Hold Shift key and click on Restore. Search for your ipsw file you downloaded and sit back and wait till it finishes.
    But after that when I try restoring it at 4.2.1 it gives me a 1015 error. I tried fixing it with iReb but it's still giving me that error. What should I do next.

10. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

For the 1015 error, use TinyUmbrella's "Exit Recovery Mode" option and you should be good to go.

11. akisbougos thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks people... I've finally made it turn on. But i upgraded to ios 4.3.3... can i jailbreak it? if yes plz sent me a link for a step by step guide... Thanks a lot again...