I Need Help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JeremyAllen, Jan 28, 2011.

1. JeremyAllen macrumors newbie

Alright so I just got done fixing my blown capacitors... (not fun) ... now my iMACS back in business. Before they blew my goal was to do the screen spanning thing. I'm on an iMac G5 17" ... the second monitor is a Princeton...
    (whatever the hell that is). Here's the issue. I finally got the stupid screen. I turn it on and it's displaying the mirror image. But then BOOM!! Shuts right off. The power light is on but the screen blacks out. I turn the screen back on and for a few seconds it stays off then BOOM!! again!! Shuts right off. I opened it up and everything looks good inside, no blown caps, cords look good, not dusty. I figured it was the power cord so i swapped that out and its still the same problem. The monitor is hooked up as followed: iMac G5 - mini VGA to VGA --- Princeton. If theres ANYONE that can help me with this I'd appreciate it ALOT!! This is getting very annoying! :mad:

Once again the problem is not the screen spanning its the BLACK OUT! :mad::mad::mad:

2. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

Wish I could help, maybe it's the plug itself, does it have an overload or surge protector on it? If not, it might be a connection problem, do you have another monitor to test it with?

Just try messing with it, or looking further online for results. It might be a faulty wire, or monitor. Or the connection with your mirror export is loose. Sometimes if mine isn't all the way in it shuts off.

Try going into "system preferences>Displays>then hit Detect Displays"
    sometimes, the mac forgets what monitors it has connected, just make sure the princeton is connected when you press the button.

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Tumbleweed666

I suggest you fix your abysmal title so that someone who may know the answer but cant be bothered to look at a thread that gives no clue what its about, might read it.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios