Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
SO....
Today I went and bought snow leopard. I was told by the person at best buy that It would erase everything on my computer. It did not. SO now I have a new problem...

A long time ago I deleted everything that came with iLife since I never used it. I recently wanted to use some of the things again, so I was excited because now I could install snow leopard, and it would all be new and nice. It is exactly the same now.

My question is...
I have the discs that came with my computer when I bought it, and I have had to use them once to fix my computer when it crashed. Well I want to know if I can re install these discs, with leopard on them, and then after they get done, install Snow Leopard, and it would be all new with iLife 08' on it,and then I could use the internet to update them to 09'?

IF I can do this, is there a link somewhere that would tell me how to go about this whole process, as I do not want to mess up my computer, just erase everything on it and have it like I did when I bought it...

Thanksss;)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
No need to install Leopard, since there is an installer or package on either disc 1 or disc 2 that allows you to install individual software that came with the computer. Simply locate and install the things you want.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.