I need help backing up my iPhone 3G.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by helios16v, Aug 12, 2009.

1. helios16v macrumors regular

heres the story.

i was installing an MMS app off of cydia and my phone rang and screwed up the install and froze my iphone. i turned it off and now it wont turn back on (freezing at the apple logo for about 10+ minutes then flashes a white screen quickly and back to the apple logo)

im trying to back up all of my pictures and possibly apps if i can access it though FTP. iv tried ftp while on the apple logo, while in recovery mode, and while in dfu mode and nothing is working.

any other solutions to getting my files off of the iphone before i restore.

if it helps i have a 16gb 3g with firmware 2.2.1 jail broken with a mac using i think ipwn. since then i havent had a problem with it and that was done over half a year ago.

this is the first problem iv have with my iphone and im hoping i can resolve it without losing all of my files

im looking for any suggestions other then restoring my iphone to get it working again

-Ben

2. Harman M macrumors member

Have you tried iPhone browser while in dfu mode or something? I'm thinking that you have a total loss on your hands... Atleast you know to pop out yor sim or something next time.