I need help bigtime

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xcalzo cfc, Apr 28, 2012.

1. xcalzo cfc macrumors newbie

HELLO I RECENTLY GOT MY IPHONE 4 16GB 5.1 AND JAILBROKE IT WITH REDSN0W IT WAS WORKING FINE UNTILL I DOWNLOAD SIRI AND IT TOLD ME TO REBOOT SO I DID AND WHEN I WENT TO REBOOT WITH REDSN0W IT GETS STUCK ON THE PINAPPLE LOGO SO THEN I THOUGHT I HAVE TO RESTORE SO WHEN I GOT TO RESTORE IT GIVES ME AN ERROR 3194 I HAVE CHANGED THE HOST TXT , I HAVE TRIED TO DOWNGRADE AND I HAVE TRIED THE TINYUMBRELLA METHOD PLEASE HELP:confused::confused:

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Dump the ALL CAPS RAGE!!!!!!
    Do the restore on other computer. Or change hostfile by using TinyUmbrella. I am not going to give you a full guide, but you should easily uncheck the right setting in TinyUmbrella.

3. xcalzo cfc thread starter macrumors newbie

The only reason i did all caps rage is because i just got my iphone 4 2 days ago and its screwed. i am going to try on different pc but apart from that i have done mostly every thing i have uninstalled itunes reinstalled it, used tiny umbrella and when i uncheck set hosts to cydia on exit i get an error 11 on itunes and when i try to restore normally on itunes i get an error 3194 i have changed host file as well please help :(

4. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Error 3194 indicates that your hostfile is incorrect or you're trying to restore to an earlier iOS version then 5.1.
    Have you tried DFU-Mode? Not Recovery Mode. There is an difference.

5. xcalzo cfc thread starter macrumors newbie

# For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    there is my host file and when i try to restore to 5.1 i get something poping up saying the fireware file is not compatible

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Here's mine:

# For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

7. Barisaykut macrumors newbie

When your phone is turning on... Hold the up volume button... This puts it into a safe mode like mode and then go into cydia and delete siri or whatever caused the problem.... And if you want real siri fully working let me no coz i know a good way