I need help buying a new wireless printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lurchdubious, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

So I have a Canon MP620 wireless printer, and after moving I can no longer sync it to my macbooks. Not even via USB. I have spent a few hrs on this and I'm so frustrated with it that I'm just going to sell it on craigslist and buy a different one, probably going back with HP.

If anyone has experience with this exact printer and has a magic bullet to get this thing to work flawlessly, throw 'em at me. I've downloaded all the newest drivers & canon software, I've tried several times to do a clean re-install, but no joy. I've never been so frustrated at a printer, lol.

OR, (preferably), if anyone has a GREAT printer to recommend, throw down. It has to be able to print and scan, and photo printing would be a plus. Our budget is around $100. Our wireless network is Verizon FiOS, and we'll have it connected to two macbooks.

Thanks!

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

I have the same printer and have had to reset the network settings after buying a new router, but I've never had trouble with the process. The network utility and setup have always worked just fine. Has anything changed on your network?

My only problem is that the snow leopard drivers take away a lot of options I had with 10.5 which I found VERY useful.

3. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

From my experience Canon's customer support was friendly as well as being very helpful. My MX330 had a paper jam error. It was unable to clear so they sent me a new MX330 for free, and also paid for return shipping of the broken MX330. I also have the wireless MX860 all in one, and its great. The only hassle is not being able to change wireless networks without plugging in the usb. This means that when I rename my wireless network I need to redo the setup for the printer, though I've gotten pretty quick at the change.

4. Lurchdubious thread starter macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Yeah I guess I shouldn't give up on it, but I've not been able to use it for several months, and I've already put several hrs into it. Drives me crazy.