I need help deciding in which macbook pro 15" I need!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NERD01, Feb 26, 2011.

1. NERD01 macrumors newbie

I am looking at both low end and high end 15" models, and can't decide in which one I need! I wanna go with the high end model but its $300 more then the low end with the student discount. I will be using mostly use producing and mixing programs on it, for an example pro tools fruity loops. But I will also web browse, listen to music, edit some HD video on imovie, and do some word processing. Is the AMD Radeon HD 6490M on the low end good enough for pro tools and Logic Studio? If i do any gaming it will probably be the sims. Any help is appreciated thanks!

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Get the high end model, you'll thank yourself later. $300 is chump change. A 750GB HD is already what...$69-99 at most electronic stores, factor in the better graphics, better processor and other lols...no brainer man.

3. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

This. The lower-end 15" is practically at the same level as the high-end 13".

4. NERD01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Man Ii wish I had 300 to blow like that! I Don't need the 750gn hard drive, or the better processor. What i really need to know is if the the low end processor is good enough??:confused:

5. NERD01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is the graphics card on the high end that much better to justify the $300 more??

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

High end.
    If you look at it from this way:

-You'll probably keep this laptop for what, 4-5 years?
    -So it ends up being $60 a year more
    -Which is only $5 a month!
    -Which is about $0.16 a day!

Basically you're getting a much better, future proof computer. Let's say your needs do change and you have to use PhotoShop, the better graphics card and processor will help.

Just my 2 cents.

7. NERD01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will definitely take that into consideration , thank you for your help. Now to come up with $2000. lol

8. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I'll have to agree with everyone else. Get the high end. If you don't, you'll be wishing someway or another you would rather have the high end than not.