I need help DESPERATELY

Discussion in 'macOS' started by galloman, May 8, 2007.

1. galloman macrumors member

Hi people,

Tonight I turned on my macbook for the first time since last night and it boots on windows, strange enough I went to startup disk thinking that maybe soemthing got messed up and I specified to start on mac os. It restarted and booted on windows again, at this point I restart it again.

when the machine started I pressed down the option key and only the windows image was appearing there, no mac disk showed. What is happening ?? what happened ? why ?? and most importantly, what can I do to remedy this situation ?? My whole life is on the Mac !!!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Have you tried booting from the MacBook's dvd and seeing what appears when you choose Startup Disk ?

3. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Sounds Like Bad Mac Boot Volume

Sounds like your Macintosh Boot Partition may be corrupted or something.

You should boot from the DVD to see if you can see the mac startup partition. If not, try disk first aid, or buy disk warrior and run it. If all this fails you'll need to reinstall the entire mac partition. I hope your data is backed up.

4. galloman thread starter macrumors member

how do I do it ??

this is my first mac, and although i've had it for almost a year I don't know how to do that. Please point me in the right direction
    thanks a lot

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Insert the dvd, restert the computer whilst holding 'c' down. This will boot from the dvd.
    Under one of the menu items there will be Startup Disk.
    If the OS X Partition isn't there use Disk Utility as dante@ suggested.

6. galloman thread starter macrumors member

Ok, this is going to sound dumb, I know, but I´m totally unacquainted with computers, let alone mac. Which one of the CDs in the little white box that comes with my Macbook is the dvd you guys are referring to ?

Something else, when I boot from the dvd, if the mac partition is there, how do I go about to repair it in order for it to be there again when the dvd comes out ?? if it isn not there what are the possible options to repair it ??