I need help figuring out the cheapest way to get an iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amnak, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Amnak macrumors 6502

Hey all I'm sure your tired of threads like this , but I need help from long time At&t and iPhone users. Basically I really want an iPhone and probably shouldn't be thinking about it but I can't resist. what would be the cheapest plan to get an iPhone I know data is 15 but how much is talk & text? I'd be switching from a Verizon dumb phone with pretty good service how is At&t in the Northern Virginia area close to D.C. if anyone knows i'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

First off, service in Northern VA is great. I live in Fairfax and work in Vienna and it's rock solid. I know it's good in Arlington too but that's about as close as I get to DC.

Cheapest plan? Let's see..... $39.99 for 450 anytime minutes plus $30.00 for data (not sure where you heard $15.00) then either $5 for 200 texts, $15 for 1500 or $20 for unlimited. So after taxes with NO text messages, you're looking at around $80.

Edit: My bad, I completely spaced on the new tiered data plans. $15 for 200MB is indeed the cheapest.

3. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Actually, I believe that there is a plan for $55, look into it. That price (55) is NOT including the fan discount.

Realistically, medium plan for $70 after taxes. Again, not including FAN discount.

4. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Haha as of June 7th, data plans are definitely tiered now.
    200MB - $15
    2GB - $25
    Unlimited - Unavailable to new customers.

5. stahl7639 macrumors member

$15 for 200MB

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yup. $39.99 talk + $15 for data. Again, this doesn't include text messages.

See my edit.

7. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

What is a FAN discount???

8. Shwonx macrumors member

With Telus I get
    100 anytime minutes,
    evenings and weekends at 6,
    unlimited text
    call waiting, forwarding, visual voicemail,
    Call Display
    500MB of data

for 56.05 including taxes. I know this means nothing to you, just thought I'd say what we get in the north.

9. Mercaptan macrumors regular

A FAN discount is a discount based on your being part of a organization, school, or business that has an agreement with AT&T. Sometimes this discounts equipment and accessories as well, though I haven't seen any FAN discounts for the iPhone. I get a discount for being a student at my university. You should look around and see if you're eligible for anything similar.

From the AT&T wireless FAQ: "AT&T has business agreements with thousands of corporations, government agencies and educational institutions to offer wireless products to their employees at a significant discount."

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?solutionId=53888&t=solutionTab

10. dkhenkin macrumors member

Yup, I get one through my school. Save like $12 a month. I had to call in and ask bout it.

11. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool I mighty be eligible then :)

12. rywat macrumors member

Why shouldn't you be thinking about it? It's an amazing phone. Get it!

13. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I should be saving money as a college student who pays for school and his car. So your the inabeler!!!!!!! :p :)

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Might want to see about a refund for those English classes.

"So you're the enabler!!!!!!!!"

:p:p

15. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow your right! Maybe my professors need to be evaluated I received an "A" this semester! hahaha :D