I need help finding a decent web site program that is simple.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by silvergts1998, Sep 14, 2009.

1. silvergts1998 macrumors member

I know there is dream weaver out there but I am not that well versed in using yet. I need something that is like Iweb 09 but will work better. It appears that when you create something in Iweb 09 and let's say it's www.xyz123.com it will make the home page this: http://www.xyz123.com/xyz123/Home.html

It seems like iweb adds on the extra extentension on the end. I also notice that Iweb when you save the program to a server the site takes forever to load and I think it has something to do with the size of the file or site. not sure.

What I like about Iweb is the drag and drop feature with text box and so on. Is there a program out there where I am not paying a monthly service charge to use a program that is loaded on a server? I understand I have hosting fees by the way.

So any programs out there that are mac friendly and has a user friendly interface?

Thanks in advance.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You can make the URL shorter for iWeb sites. There has been a few threads, such as this one (alt), that discuss it. There isn't too many options for easy to use web creation apps that don't require you to know web languages. The ones I've seen cost a bit too. RapidWeaver might be a good option though. Freeway is another one ($80-$250)

3. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Rapidweaver is the way to go for you. Even if I prefer to learn coding by myself...

4. silvergts1998 thread starter macrumors member