I need help in an imortant matter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KR1992, Jul 25, 2014.

1. KR1992 macrumors newbie

Hi guys

My name is kevin, recently a friend of mine died in a car accident.
    And since I jailbreak my apple devices, the family of that friend thaught I could get in their lost son's iphone (wich is blocked because they tried to enter the code too many times)
    Is there anyone (a hacker or just a common person that knows how to unlock this and get to the photos, and messages...)
    I am not a scam artist or a liar that wants a stolen iphone to be unlocked.
    I'm doing this for the family of my friend.
    If you can help me but need proof, i'll send the "death card" and other info that you might need.

If anyone can help, they can contact me, it would be great if someone could help.

2. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Have you tried going to an apple store yet? They may be able to help.

3. KR1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

The family did that but they won't help because there policy is if they give approval for one, than others will follow

Even 2 police departements in my country (belgium) tried to breach it but with no succes

4. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Sorry for your loss, but security can be a bitch at times. I am not aware of any way/tool to get around the issue.

5. cynics macrumors G4

I can't help but what are you or their family trying to obtain? Use of the phone or getting information off it?

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

If the phone was synced with a computer, you may be able to make a backup of it to that computer, then restore the phone.

7. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

Try to reach that German developer that made the 7.1.1 jailbreak, he is teaching seminars about hacking Apple. The chinese just used his tools.

He is on twitter and would do what you need in 5 minutes. Search "Stefan Esser" on Twitter, not sure if we can post links here.

8. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

The only way I can think of doing this is to restore, then restore from backup, since it will get rid of the passcode lock and actually ask you if you want to make a new one when you finish the restore from back up.

I think with the introduction of ios 7, it was made so you couldn't bypass it.

Good luck.

9. KR1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

another friend had bought some software that could read back-ups but the last one was of 10 months ago :s

and the parents realy want the last photos and stuff

10. aneftp macrumors 601

This is something the OP needs to call Apple directly.

Hopefully the issue gets forwarded to Apple higher ups in that country.

This is like the Facebook incident where the father wanted to see his dead son's pictures with Facebook at 10 years. Eventually media got wind of it and Facebook let him see his son's pictures through the years with Facebook at 10 years.

11. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

If it's running iOS 7 and it's device locked then you're out of luck. Not even apple could help you if they wanted to with the exception of resetting the iCloud password and that would require a court order.

If it is iOS 6 or earlier, then the only option is to restore from backup. If the backup is too old, there's not much you can do.

This is assuming you're being honest and the above is giving you the benefit of the doubt.

But keep in mind as you read future responses; we see half a dozen posts like this each day and majority are just punks trying to reset a device locked iPhone.

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

They will need the box then they just wipe it clean. Nothing will be recoverable.