Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleWorking

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
I have a really dumb question… Can someone please tell me how to install this application?

http://www.ekimsoftware.com/products/lcdtest/

There are two folders in the zip and I don’t know which one to install for a new Intel Mac running leopard. I also don’t know how to install it since I’m looking at the contents on a PC and I don’t even have my new Mac yet. It’s the first thing I want to install because of my anal nature. Could someone help me out and tell me which one to install, how to install it, and if it even runs on a new Mac? :D

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't use it at all. What you don't know can't hurt you. If there are any dead or stuck pixels, they won't be a problem until you notice them, at which point they will bother you for the rest of time.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The Mac version unzips directly to an application, which you can immediately run.

AppleWorking

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Hey thanks. One question, though, there are two folders. At least it looks this way on a pc. LCDtest.app and another __MACOSX. Both have the same contents. Which is the one for an Intel leopard? Thanks

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Both. Because .zip isn't a Mac format, it creates a __MACOSX folder that contains the extra stuff info that .zip can't normally store. It won't show up at all on your Mac.

Why not wait to worry about how to install software until you actually have your computer? You're getting way ahead of yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.