I need help, iOS5 on iphone 4, all music gone

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by TravisG06, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TravisG06 macrumors newbie

When I have the phone connected to iTunes, it shows all my music as if it were still on there.

I try to sync and it gets to step 5 (waiting for items to copy) left it there all night, not a single song when I woke up.

I don't know what the hell is going on. 99% of my songs weren't purchased through iTunes, but they are all in the library anyway.

I'm furious. Does anyone know what the problem is?

----------

All my apps, photos, alarms, ringtones, etc. are all copied back on the phone as they should have been.

Just the music is missing, even songs that I purchased through itunes.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Un-check Sync Music, sync, then re-check and re-sync.

3. TravisG06 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I'll try that when I get home tonight. Thanks!

Go Cardinals!

If anyone else has suggestions please post, it's very rare for me that just one solution fixes a problem :mad:

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You're welcome. :)

Haha. I've never been much of a follower of Baseball. I find the game too slow.

Anyway, I would advise you to consciously try syncing more often so if you run into a similar issue you will have a more up-to-date backup you can restore from.

If you're like me though and don't care about losing App data or text messages, setting up your iPhone as new is always a fix to nearly any software-related problem.

Also, if you're unwilling to lose your App data etc you could try Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings, and within the same sub-menu, Reset Network Settings. That's about the closest thing you can do sans a full restore or Erase All Content And Settings.

5. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

One other area that might help you troubleshoot is to open the iTunes store on your phone and download all your purchased content directly.

6. dlite97 macrumors newbie

Sync and unsynch seems to be working!

This is working! Thank you so much Kyotoma!
    Debbie