I NEED HELP!!!!My iPhone 3G won't come on!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by C-Man1991, Nov 13, 2010.

1. C-Man1991 macrumors newbie

:confused:Alright this is how it all happened...
    One day,I was planning on jailbreaking my iPhone 3G(8GB),but I wanted to play Episodes from Libeerty City on my PS3 slim at the same time so I could charge it,so I just sat on my couch with iPhone in my hand and went to JailBreakMe.com with it,then the download got enough progress and the downlaod bar got to the part where it says "Jailbreaking...sit tight",and then I noticed that the battery was low and it'd been like that for awhile because I never put it on charge before I started the download process,so I quickly grabbed the charger and tried to hook it up to my PS3 but before it could start charging the iPhone died,now everytime I try to bring it back on it will show the empty battery sign with the red thing and then it shows the Apple sing but before it comes on I'll just see a bright flash and then it goes back to showingthe battery with the red thing....:confused::(:(
    Does ANYONE know a solution to my unfortunate problem?:rolleyes:

2. celticpride678

3. C-Man1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course I have, have you not been reading??
    I said everytime I charge it it'll show the battery sign,then it shows the apple sign as if it's about to come on,THEN before it can come on I always see a flash and then it shows the battery sign again.

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

How long do you let it charge before you start playing with your Phone again?

5. C-Man1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you talking about before It stopped coming on?Because all I do is charge untill the battery is full,let it stay full for a little then take it off the charger.
    Why do you ask?

6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I'm afraid I'm still unsure when you get the red empty battery screen.

If you charge the phone to 100%, unplug THEN get the Red Empty Battery Screen, then I would suggest trying to put your phone into DFU (it's tricky) and restore it. If you can't put it into DFU mode, it may be time to book an appointment at the Genius Bar.

Don't worry about the JB, if you can't turn on the phone, they can't either.

7. C-Man1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey slow down you're missin' the point here......
    I'm saying that I can't do anything to solve the problem myself,when I charge it I don't really know what happens,putting it in a laptop won't solve anything 'coz it doesn't even activate iTunes!

8. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Since it's stop "coming on" how long have you let the phone charge?

9. C-Man1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't really tried letting the phone charge for long,maybe i'll do that but do you know a correct solution to my problem?

10. eastercat, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When you let your battery go dead, you need to charge it for 2-3 hours before trying anything (to be safe). If you're not charging it for that long, you're not giving the iphone a chance to charge properly.
    You may have screwed up the installation of the jb by not having a charged phone. If that's the case, you'll probably have to go into DFU mode to get your phone back; google dfu mode if you don't know how. Unless you've saved your blobs or use pwnage tool, you'll have to restore to 4.1.

edit: I misread the OP as having a 3GS. Since the OP has a 3G, it can be restored to 3.x.x. as lucifiel wrote.

11. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

The correct solution to your problem is to let your phone charge (preferably from the wall -- this will ensure the charge is faster) for a few hours at least.

As the poster above has hinted, there will likely be a problem with your phone due to the messed up Jailbreak attempt. You will likely have to restore it with iTunes.

Since you have an iPhone 3G, you can restore to 3.x.x if you want. Or 4.1. Stay away from 4.0.x as they will make your phone close to unusuable.