i need help!! my macbook is broken and apple wont fix it!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hdubrow, Feb 5, 2008.

1. hdubrow macrumors newbie

i am looking for someone in apple who can help me get my computer repaired. the first day i got my computer it*didn't*work so i was issued a*replacement*which*took*a month to even get the box to send it back. i finally got my computer and recently the computer had been*malfunctioning*(screen was flickering and keyboard was freezing) and i called apple, but i could understand the person i was talking to very well and i didnt have my reinstall disks so i sad i would just go to the apple store to get it fixed, but before i got a chance to go ro the apple store (the closest one to me is 1.5 hours away) someone spillt somethign on my computer. i went to the apple store today and they said i had to pay $800 to get it fixed, but i dont have that kind of money...my family is really poor. i spent one hour on the phone with apple and everyone i talked to was very rude and the final person said that apple would not *cover the damages on my computer and that was apples final answer. if anyone has any advice...please let me know!!

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Well if you spilt something onto your computer then unfortunately it's not really covered under the warranty, so yes there would be a charge to fix it.

The only other option you can look into is Household insurance? That might cover it...don't know much about it though.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

theres no way theyre gonna cover it if its had something spilt over it
    it may have had problems before that needed repairing, but you cant prove that they existed before the spillage
    apples warranty wont cover accidents... sorry. looks like a $800 repair fee or a new laptop...

4. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Even if you could prove that the damage was caused before the spill, they will still most likely charge you for the spill-caused damages because I imagine they go by an "all or nothing" policy.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

As said above, Apple doesn't cover accidental damage. IIWU, I'd cut my losses, sell the thing, and start looking for a new machine.