Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanisCOOl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
I have been trying to set-up an external LCD tv to my 13in MacBook Pro (mid-2010). i am connecting it through a mini-dvi to HDMI adapter. But on the the 32" Dynex LCD the top menu bar and a lil bit on the bottom and sides are not showing and i cant figure out how to adjust the screen. The resolution is 720p.
I need help. Thanks guys (and girls)

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
You need to go into the screen settings and "Mirror" them if you want the menubar on that screen, OR you can click the menubar and drag it over to that screen. If you mirror them, whichever has the lowest resolution is the resolution that will be used on both screens. Unmirrored, you can use the tv as the main or as just another screen by dragging windows over there.

RyanisCOOl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
I have it mirrored and its still messing up. Also I am able to close the the laptop screen and just use the tv but its still having the problem with the menubar being out of picture and the sides are to long and the bottoms to far

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.