i need help plz compresing hd videos FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gabriel007, Aug 21, 2010.

1. gabriel007 macrumors newbie

Is my first time working on hd videos on final cut pro. i used to use compresor for standar videos compresing. i am trying to compres video is 40 minutes long to transfert it to dvd studio pro . i use compressor, the settings are hd videos 90 minutes long but the problem are the followings.

1 it took me like 15 hours to compres and after waiting all the time i try to trasfert to dvd studio pro.

2. it says is no a right format no compatible. can you guys help me plz ...telling me faster way compres and be able transfert to the dvd studio pro .

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Please give your post a more descriptive title so people know what you're talking about and can help you.

3. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Use the 90 min DVD preset in Compressor.

And could I ask that you be more specific with your thread titles, and add a little punctuation to your posts? That was a tough read.

4. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

?

i am using the 90 min hd dvd in compresonr it takes hours and it dint work on dvd studio pro

5. -DH macrumors 65816

How did you export from FCP? It sounds like you used the wrong codec for exporting.

-DH

6. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

to export

to export video from final cut pro to compressor i select file menu/send to / compresor and after that on compressor i choosed DVD/DVD HD H.064 60 MINUTOS

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

DVD Studio Pro is SD only for all practical purposes (you can create an HD DVD but it will only playback on certain Macs and certain, discontinued, Toshiba HD-DVD players). Use one of the SD-DVD presets in Compressor.

Also, what are the exact settings of the video codec you are editing and what are the exact settings of the timeline you are editing in?

Lethal

8. -DH macrumors 65816

In FCP, go to File->Export->QuickTime Movie (not QuickTime Conversion). Export a self-contained or reference movie, then use the resulting file in Compressor.

In Compressor, use the appropriate DVD preset (do NOT use an HD DVD preset).

-DH

9. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

i will try my the timeline is HDV 1080I thas the resolution of the video and the sequence

10. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

?

if i compress in sd like u told me the video is going be hd? because i am looking video to be hd and hight quality

11. handsome pete macrumors 68000

No, it's going to be in SD.

If you intend to burn to DVD with DVD Studio Pro, then you're pretty much limited to SD.

12. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

Hi,

What you want to do is not possible: DVD's are made for SD only (and also DVD Studio pro). BlueRay is for HD. (You want an ordinary car to be as fast as a Ferrari, well it just isn't build that way...)

So you have a few options:
    • Make a DVD with DVD Studio pro
    • Make a blueray with another program
    • Or make a blueray (HD) on a DVD
    The last thing is a trick and is called Blueray on red. See a very good description on:
    http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/burn_br_mac_superdrive_stone.html
    Good luck

du u see whot i mean whit the interpunction ;)

Grtz, Richard