I NEED HELP- reformatting problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ashm23, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ashm23 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm new to this.
    So I have a regular ol Macbook it's from 2007 and version 10.5.8.
    I'm about to move to Australia and I wanted my Mac to be running smoothly for my big move so I deleted a bunch of useless files and reformatted it completely. I now re-installed everything and did all the updates I could possibly do but it is WAYYYY slower than it was before! I don't know whats wrong. Everything is "technically" working but it seems really buggy, websites take forever to load, i don't know, it just seems like I'm using some old computer. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why this could be happening?? I don't have the money to buy another computer so I am all ears! PLEASE HELP!

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I haven't come across an issue like this right after a clean install. It's kind of a weird time especially as zeroing out a disk would automatically allow it to check for bad sectors. Just a couple things, do you see the spinning wheel frequently? When you're experiencing this lag, can you take a look at activity monitor with all processes shown? A screenshot would be great. I'd like to see cpu/ram/disk activity. It could be something silly like a spotlight bug, which is why I'd like to see what is actually happening when you experience problems. It's not likely that you'd suddenly notice hardware problems right after a reformat. I want to mention that before the next ten posts just say to install an SSD :rolleyes:.