I need Help Regarding Back-up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by haicho1818, May 12, 2008.

1. haicho1818 macrumors newbie

Hey, im new in this forum so if im posting in the wrong forum please let me know.

I have and external hard drive (western digital) and I use to backup my files with time machine, since most of my graphic software didnt work at 10.5 i had to downgrade to 10.4.
    ever since I cant get the files from the hard drive even though I see the "alias" folder and the Info say that the hard drive is almost full as it was before I downgrade.

when im trying to open the folder its say
    the volume (name of folder) cant be found
    insert the disk or connect to the server volume and wait for it to appear on the desktop, than try again.

I dont have any clue how i can get the files from my hard drive
    if any of you get any solution please let me know
    I really appreciate it

if its meter im useing new iMac (2.4 intel based)

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Let me see if I can understand what it is you did.

You made the Time Machine backups to your external HDD when you had Leopard installed. But later found out that your graphic software would not work with Leopard so you downgraded to Tiger? And now you can not restore from the HDD?

If that's correct, reinstall Leopard, restore your backups with Time Machine and then downgrade to Tiger again.

Regards.

3. haicho1818 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for ur replay.
    I know I can go back and do it but my question is if i can fix it without upgrading.

I can discover the hidden folders and get it from sub folders but its gone take me days to find which folder contain what (my movies were in one folder now they in different hidden folders, so as my software, pic and all the other stuff).

any other solution?