I need help restoring my ipod touch!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fadeaway23, Aug 20, 2009.

1. fadeaway23 macrumors newbie

It used to work fine until i tried to get the new update and now it is in recovery mode and i cant get it out! i try to restore it but it wont restore. i have restarted my comp and tried different USB ports but nothing works. Itunes help says i need to open ports 80,
    443, phobos.apple.com, albert.apple.com, gs.apple.com i cant figure it out!!! My computer is a Mac. Please help!!!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Try putting the device into DFU mode, and then do a restore in iTunes.

3. fadeaway23 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Maybe try clicking the link that jmann so graciously supplied?

5. fadeaway23 thread starter macrumors newbie

but itunes recognizes my ipod. i just cant get it to restore. how do you get to where u can open ports?

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    There is no such thing as opening a port for an iPhone, are you sure it isn't saying can't restore error -80?

7. macsarethebest macrumors regular

did you actually put it in dfu mode? if you're on a mac, plug in the ipod/iphone. hold down the sleep/power button for 2 secs, without letting go push the home button and the power button for 10 secs, then let go of the power button and hold the home button for another 30 secs. You should be able to restore now. If this doesn't work, try using disk utility. It's under Applications/Utilities. The iPhone should show up, and click restore from there. If all else fails, take it into apple. good luck!;)