I need help setting a local net

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by perezjuanf, Oct 16, 2012.

1. perezjuanf macrumors member

I need help setting a local net

Computer Imac
    Router Apple Time Capsule
    Apple7 Boot Camp
    OS Apple Lion
    Printer Brother USB HD2040
    Pinter connected to router using a USB cable

I have all the things above up and running, the IMAC and the Apple7 Boot Camp are sharing files I would like to add a PC Laptop to the Net but I am unable to share files or the printer to the Laptop. I am able to get to the Internet with the LapTop. I have bonjour installed in the Apple7 Boot Camp
    and in the LapTop

Can anyone help me get the Lap Top into the Local Network?

Thanks

2. mfram macrumors 65816

Two parts... first the printer which should be the easiest. First you will need to install printer drivers for your printer on your laptop. Then you need to download the "Bonjour Printer Wizard" for windows. That's available at Apple's website. Make sure the printer is on and run the wizard on Windows. You may need to double-check the Time Capsule configuration to make sure that printer sharing is enabled.

Second is sharing the files on the Time Capsule. Check your Time Capsule configuration and make sure you have file sharing enabled. You may have set a disk password. You'll need this to connect from the Windows machine.

The only other possible complication I can think of is if you enabled the "guest" network on your Time Capsule. If you have the "guest" network enabled and your laptop is connecting to it then your printer and file sharing will not be available on that guest network.

3. perezjuanf thread starter macrumors member

What will be the easiest way to find the TC configuration?

I am pretty sure that that the "guest" network is not enable

Juan

4. skorpien macrumors 68020